Sunday, October 9, 2011

Old Cleveland Municipal: My First Park

 
I don't have much to say about Cleveland's old ballpark, but I might as well start with the ballpark from my earliest memories.  Cleveland Municipal was home to the Cleveland Indians in the 80's and early 90's (and before that, obviously), which is when I visited it.  Even though this stadium had nothing to brag about (not based on my own experiences as a child anyway), it was my first experience visiting any ballpark, and thus begins my list of stadiums.

The things I remember most from this stadium are the messy losses by the Indians.  I don't remember the stands ever being totally packed, nor do I remember celebrating home runs or wins very often.  I'm sure it happened.  I just don't remember it.

The team I remember was more like the movie's less successful days of ball...


This was my first ballpark, but definitely not my favorite one.  My favorite ballpark wouldn't be visited until 2007.  I will have to dig through my parents' cupboards to see if they still possess any souvenir cups from the games, but I doubt it... Maybe you have more vivid memories of this ballpark than I...?

No comments:

Post a Comment